Rich roasted vegetables and tender shrimp in a sweet and savory red curry sauce
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Green Bell Pepper
- 1 small head Purple Cauliflower
- 1 T coconut oil, melted
- 1–2 T Red Curry Paste
- 1 T applesauce
- 1 can Coconut Cream
- 2 to 4oz Small Shrimp, 6-12 large (optional)
- Chop peppers and cauliflower into bite size pieces (smaller for small children) and put in a bowl.
- Melt coconut oil in microwave (~10 seconds), pour over vegetables, mix to coat.
- Pour vegetables onto baking sheet, season with salt and pepper.
- Roast at 425°F until tender and caramelized ~10-20 minutes
- In a small saucepan, heat coconut cream (for thicker sauce, only use the solid part), red curry paste, and applesauce.
- Mix until combined, bring to a simmer. Taste and adjust flavor (more applesauce if too spicy, more red curry paste if not spicy enough)
- Add shrimp to sauce, and simmer until shrimp are warm (~2 minutes for mini shrimp, 4-5 minutes for larger shrimp).
- Serve roasted vegetables over rice or cauli-rice, top with shrimp and sauce.
You can cook shrimp separate if desired. For larger shrimp, pan sear or grill. For small shrimp, heat in a sauté pan with coconut oil. Do not over cook or shrimp will be rubbery and chewy
The red curry paste has a little heat–adjust to your taste by adding more apple sauce if it is too spicy or more red curry paste if it is not spicy enough. Taste and adjust before adding shrimp
Whole30, low carb: serve over cauli-rice
For kids, I puree the veggies and sauce (I try not to puree the shrimp). Add a portion of veggies to blender, cover in sauce and puree. This actually makes for a nice, thick sauce. And freezes really well because you don’t have to worry about the veggies getting soggy.
- Prep Time: :10
- Cook Time: :20
- Category: Savory
- Method: Roast
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: shrimp red curry, vegetable red curry, healthy red curry